Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Mourning of Free Time

The Social Life of Richard and Robin has passed away. It went quickly on Tuesday August 22, 2007 when, after a few questions, the principle of Timpview Highschool offered Rick a teaching contract. Mr. Carson now has his own office, a couple of desks, a classroom, and several hundred students divided into 6 classes. His wife will miss him dearly, but feels that despite the elevated levels of stress he is happy. Rick is survived by his cat Tama, his wife, friends, and countless D&D characters.

Green Fish, Blue fish . . .

The guppy saga continues! I have now paid more for the upkeep of the lone surviving guppy than I did for all three. He’s got a fungus… I hope it’s a fungus as he is all limp and has grey/white spots on his tail. I put in a fizzy thing that turned the water green and is supposed to kill t he offending ick and make the guppy happy again. I also found out the Ph level in the water is high, the ammonia is 0 and that he loves bloodworms. He continues to have no name, as I’m sure the minute I name him he will die.

Which leads me to the fact that I’m now waiting for someone to hit my car, as I own it… Yes I have the title * Cackle *. His Lordship Lucius Von Saturn

Read a couple of interesting things in American Libraries (the magazine of the ALA). One was about interviews and the delicate nature of leaving/trying to get a job. The author wrote, “I have spoken to frustrated candidates across the country who have waited up to three months without a word from potential employers”. So that’s where I am. I’m in the silence. The dead calm. The maddening nothingness of a career void.
The other article was about why being a librarian is great. It was written in response to a Museum Studies student – in reference to library studies – saying, “OH, I’d never do that”. The writer was a little taken aback, but you know what I can completely understand. I’m beginning to think I’ve made a career mistake. I’m on auto pilot living. It’s like all the colors have gone out in the world and I’m just some speck that moves things around, but does nothing of significance.

No comments: