Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm Alive Still





Hello people who read my blog.

I am still alive after opening the shows this last week. They are the Woodbury Invitational featuring 5 artist and an exhibition of photographs about the Amazon. The Invitational runs through Feb. 2o and the Amazonia exhibit till Jan 16. After that it's the UVU student exhibit - which may or may not go over well. It's not supported by the Art department and frankly I don't care. That department is filled with poision people and life is better without them. The Arts at UVU are better with out them. I feel so bad for the students who are getting a crappy education because the faculty can't act like adults.

ANYWAY, after that we will rehang works in the Selections gallery - these are works from the permanent collection and long term loans. Then we will be down for a month while we get a new security system and new lighting grid *CHEER* after that is the Saltgrass prints exhibit for a month followed by Shaolin: Temple of Zen exhibit. It's about 100 photographs about the Monks at the Shaolin Temple in China. I'm please about this one because I did the ground work to bring it in. I do however think the title is a bit funny as Shaolin and Zen are different forms of Buddhist thought *shrug* ah well.

Other than that I'm getting ready for the holidays. I need to take down the Halloween decorations and put up Christmas. And clean my house before my mother in law comes for a week *sigh*. Oh well. Life is good though. Obama won, my daughter sleeps through the night, and i finished two paintings this last week. LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments: