Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mother-In-Law Blues

Turkey go BOOOOOM

I’m trying to get ready for my mother-in-law’s visit in a week or so and not doing well. My house is a mess and under construction. My husband informs me that “she’ll want to clean” like it’s no big deal. He doesn’t understand that I’m now staring into the mouth of Hell. I don’t want her cleaning MY HOME. I don’t want her into MY THINGS. I can sense the judgmental comments crashing down on my like a tornado. Did I mention that rick has explained countless times that, “she has no tacked” LOVELY * sarcasm *

Not only will she be in my house, she’ll be staying in my personal space. The extra bed is in my art studio, which is the storage room for everything that’s mine – sewing, paperwork, music CDs, nick-knack collections, computer/printer, and all the various art supplies and projects I putter on. I feel like my privacy is about to be violated and I don’t know what to do.

I KNOW she’s Rick’s Mom, but I’ve only met her twice for like a few hours. To me she is a total stranger and I’m about to have her in my house with my daughter . . . alone. What’s to keep her from snooping in my personal drawers and such?

My Dad offered to totally gut and re-do my bathroom, which is pealing from the humidity, but I don’t see HOW we can get this done and finished before she gets here. I can feel my blood pressure shooting up. I’m tense and seeing stars. Any time now I’m going to loose it. I just know something will get said and I’ll react by taking my daughter to my mothers and not going home for a week. UGLY I’m trying to see if I can take time off, but I really REALLY can’t . . . I think *SIGH*

Oh, she also smokes . . .YA.

I’m not going to get through this well - I know it.

I HATE Thanksgiving . . . oh, how I hate it.

No comments: