Saturday, September 11, 2010


Fall has arived and I can breath again.  Sweet Potato and Pumpkin are on the shopping list, along with fresh peaches and pears.  Most autmns I get so inspired and this one is no exception, but I have a two year old that is in full fury.  No quiet mornings, no calm nights.  I rise like a zombie in the morning and tumble like the dead into bed at night.

I hope that I can get decorated for Halloween in a timely manor, that Thanksgiving (spent in a hotel this year) will not be a nightmare, and the Christmas will be uplifting. 

I miss the solitary falls of my single life.  I love Rick and my Boo, but I would love to spend a day quietly writing and drinking coco.  I should make some goals for myself;  not the loose weight and lower cholesterol kind, but the finish a tatted snowflake, make sweet potato casserole for no reason, or sew a wall hanging kind of goals.  My mother calls these moments "hyacinths for the soul"  I call them roses in winter.

What kinds of roses would you gather in winter? Mine will be small, but loved.  How about you?

1 comment:

Blondepoetess said...

My roses in winter are the knowledge of three day alone with my hubby for our anniversary ... and writing, really writing instead of just longing for it so keenly I cry. Be well friend. May this autumn and winter bring us many many roses