Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pure joys

I have had a trying couple of days.  A flux of wonderful and hurtful, but through it all my duaghter has been oblivious and I am glad.  I watch her and think of Christ asking us to be like little children.  The pure joys that they experiance because of things like a train whistle in the distance, showing a favorite stufed toy the ABC's in a book, the spray of a sprinkler, or the magic of bubbles.

If only we adults could let go of our obsessions over money, our vehemence over politics, our judgments in the name of religion, and such.  The world would be a better place.  today I think I'll stop for a nap, drink a glass of coco, color for a while, and look for the pure joy in the day.


1 comment:

Blondepoetess said...

Total agreement my friend. Total agreement.